Read the Denver Plan lately?
The foundation is planning the next two More From Our Schools forums. The second one is just two and a half weeks away!
- inviting experts to sit on our panel
- combing through lots of logistical details, and
- thinking through what we might discuss on October 11
On the latter point, we’ve turned to the Denver Plan for some guidance. In case you haven’t looked at it recently, I can give you a few good reasons why to pick it up again:
- The School Board this week assessed DPS Superintendent Tom Boasberg based on the Denver Plan. Click here to check out how the district fared in 2011. Make sure you get to the last page, which compares 2011 with 2010 when it comes to the district reaching (or not) the Denver Plan goals.
- The Denver Plan is the district’s “strategic action and vision plan,” so though it’s just a document, it holds a lot of goals and ideas for ways to accomplish them. I’d say that is a document that anyone with an interest in DPS needs to revisit from time to time.
- Because it’s filled with goals and strategies, the Denver Plan is a great place to start thinking through how to move the district forward after the next school board election. So, it’s an important read if you’re planning to attend the next More From Our Schools forum. I hesitate to call it homework, but re-reading the plan will prepare you to participate in the next discussion.